Martonos is a village in Serbia, in the municipality of Kanjiža in North district. It is located on the Tisa River, about ten kilometers north of Kanjiža and about seventeen kilometers to the north, is the state border with Hungary. There is no reliable data on the origin of the name Martonos. According to the tradition presented in 1864, a fisherman named Marton (Martin) lived on this "golden bank", that is, at the same level, on the bank where the present village is located. More likely, the name is linked with the monastery of St. Martin (Szent Marton), or the steep shore of Tisa near the village, which is called "mart" in the Hungarian language.Read more
There is the possibility of organizing hiking and biking tours, if guests are interested. Fishing lovers can relax along the Tisa River or by the pond.
If you need a break from a quick life in the city, visit us and relax in peace and quiet provided by the village of Martonoš.